Sometimes trying to remove warts can become a challenge, because they reappear and reappear.
Most people will try cryotherapy (freezing the wart off), over the counter products or just cutting the wart with clippers (which I highly DON’T recommend).
Castor oil has been known for years that benefits our health. That being said, can it really help with removing warts?
A straightforward answer is YES, but probably not for everyone, because it depends on the warts size, age, and other factors.
If you choose to try castor oil for warts, you should keep in mind that its natural remedy and for someone like you, it can provoke an allergy.
In case you are interested in otc wart removers, click here to choose the right one for you.
Why is Castor Oil Effective on Warts?
First of all, castor oil is a natural home remedy which doesn’t require a prescription and you don’t need to be very professional or spend more than twenty bucks, just to see it if it’s working for you or not.
Here’s the list of points why it’s helpful for treating warts
- It contains a high amount of ricinoleic acid, which makes it antifungal and antibacterial.
- The acid found in castor oil can help lose infected skin by HPV.
- It moisturizes skin very well, which is needed for faster skin regeneration.
- Castor oil contains many antioxidants and vitamin E.
- It helps to get rid of toxins and cleanses the skin.
How to Use Castor Oil for Warts?
The best thing about castor oil is that it can be used with many other remedies, that makes it even more powerful against warts.
It takes less than eight minutes to cover your wart with this oil. You should start seeing results after one week, in case you feel discomfort, itching or redness stop using it, you might be allergic to it.
Take a Look at 5 Methods That Works Now
1. Castor Oil Alone
- Drip few drops of castor oil on a cotton ball.
- Place cotton ball on the wart.
- Use band aid to secure the cotton ball from falling down.
2. Garlic and Castor Oil
This one is very similar to the previous method
- Apply couple drops of castor oil on warts.
- Cover a wart with a thin slice of garlic and secure with a band-aid.
- Leave it for a couple of hours. Then remove everything and rinse with warm water.
3. Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare the wart with a warm water by cleaning it.
- With a cotton ball apply apple cider vinegar on the wart.
- Let it sit for a while until it’s dry.
- Apply castor oil and massage the wart for a couple of minutes.
- Try it twice a day.
4. Castor Oil and Baking Soda
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with castor oil until you get a thick consistency.
- Cover the wart with and leave it.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day until you see positive changes.
5. Castor Oil and Tea Tree Oil
- Mix 2 tablespoons of castor oil with 1 tablespoon tea tree oil.
- Apply on the wart using a cotton ball.
- I recommend to cover it with a band aid.
- Try to repeat this method three to four times a day.
- Wait a week to see if it’s killing the wart or not. If yes keep following this method.
Can We Use Castor Oil on Genital Warts?
Having genital warts is an unpleasant and uncomfortable condition so we would like to get rid of them safely and naturally.
Well, we can use Castor Oil with confidence to remove genital warts.
Because it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial abilities, it is a very good oil that you can choose and include in your treatment.
The best advice I can give to you is to use it with baking soda. Why?
Using baking soda together will help to break the warts cells by stopping moistening it. That way, the wart should start loosening and drop off.
Now you know that you can use it on genital warts, but wondering how to use it? Check on the method number 4, I have explained above.
Castor Oil for Warts on Face?
Can we use castor oil for facial warts? Well, definitely yes.
It’s even advisable by the dermatologist to use castor oil to maintain and moisture your skin.
Using castor oil on your face, will not only treat warts but also fights with symptoms of aging. That’s a great way to reduce wrinkles if you have of course.
We suggest using cold pressed oil because that way it’s saved the most benefits of it.
If you are wondering how to apply on your skin. All 5 methods outlined above works perfectly on your facial warts.
Please Read Before You Try Castor Oil
Although it’s a very natural remedy, you have to take a couple things in consideration. Below I will give you some tips and precautions, that will help you decide whether you should try castor oil or not.
Every time you are going to apply castor oil on your skin, make sure that your wart and surrounding skin are cleaned with lukewarm water.
Carry out a patch test before using this oil. For example, if you are allergic to castor oil you should NOT use it on your warts.
Try to avoid touching or scratching the wart. That way warts might spread, so it will be harder to get rid of it.
Using castor oil can only get rid of a wart, but not kill the virus. That means it’s a high chance that the wart will reappear. Improve immune system. A strong immune system will kill the HPV virus faster.
We hope you liked the reading. In case you have tried a different method, feel free to comment and tell us about more.